View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #15
porsche986spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Yes, it needs a different tray, or requires that you drill a hole in the existing one to accomodate it. I have spec'd a ¼" Aluminum Plate which a machinist friend is going to make up for me. I have considered making a batch of a dozen or so were there enough interest in doing so.

You need a type 34R to fit the Boxster w/o replacing the Pos (+) cable, but these are hard to come by, so a type 34 will work just fine. You'll simply need to add a 24" 1 ga. cable in place of the stock 18" one, $4-5 at Autozone.

Aside from all the advantages of a GMT Battery over a Wet Cell, it also weighs about 12 lbs. less...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Guess you did not se my post. They should provide you with the Adaptor tray when you buy the Optima battery. It's plastic and is the same color as the battery top that you buy, either Yellow or Red. No need to drill holes or fab up a tray. If you use the Yellow Top it should fit fine with no adaptor tray. I say yellow over redtop because most have nice stereos in their Porsches and are also convertables requiring a deep cycle for that type of usage. It's also what our in-house tech guy recomends (D34 Yellow Top) here at JCI. This is from our brochure:

OPTIMA YellowTop Benefits
* Dual Purpose starting and deep cycling.
* Lasts up to 2 times longer than other batteries.
* Constant performance quality keeping your battery running at the same level even as it's being discharged.
* More power in the initial 1, 3, 5, and 10 seconds of the starting process than comparably rated conventional lead acid batteries.
* Ideal for seasonal use, fully charged, it can sit unused for up to 12 months at room temperature (or below) and still start a car.
* 15 times more resistant to vibration than other batteries.
* Nonspillable and can mount in almost any position.

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 02-06-2007 at 01:05 PM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote