View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #13
Perfectlap

a factory spec alignment is not rocket science. Its no more complicated aligning this car than any other sports car like an S2000. The job can be done in an hour so whatever they charge for hourly labor plus the use of their equipment. Someone here said they paid $350 I nearly fell out of my chair.

Like others said go to race/speed shop first. They do those all the time and can do the job quick and correctly.
If you want to know right away if you are dealing with pros or a bunch of ex cons on parole (Jiffy Lube) then as soon as you ask about the alignment tell them that you want the numbers of your alignment before and after printed out.
if they look at you like you are from Mars get in your car and drive somewhere else.
I tried to max out my negative rear camber on my last car and one shop said they couldn't do it to the degree I wanted. Another guy said he could, it just required a little more effort. Well he hit the numbers and got my future business.
Ask if you can sit in the car during the alignment, it makes a difference.
p.s.
Leave a car all day for spec alignment? LOL. Only if I can sit there and watch you all day!
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 02-06-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote