View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #7
MNBoxster

Hi,

I've never had a Sports Car in all the 30+ I've owned that wasn't in some way a Love/Hate relationship. That said, there have been several that tested my patience once too often. My Lotus Europa, Ferrari 308 GTS Quatrovalve and TVR Tasmin 280i are three I can name.

I'm not going to try and convince you to keep your Boxster. These cars do have issues (and annoying ones which other Mfgs. seem to get right). These issues often exceed owners' tolerance levels (which may explain why there are always a steady stream of them on the used car market).

It's a good car if you can handle the ******************** from time-to-time. Not everyone can. But, you will not own one longterm which remains trouble-free, there are too many weak spots and it can literally nickle and dime you to death, especially at Porsche Prices. It's no badge of honor if you're willing to put up with it, nor any point of shame if you're not. Everyone's situation, expectations, budget, and priorities are different.

There are so many great cars out there one can own that it's silly to keep owning one which you're unhappy with or lack confidence in, especially since it will continuously depreciate. If you're truly not happy, sell it ASAP to retain as much of your original investment as possible. Good luck with whatever you decide to do...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 02-05-2007 at 04:38 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote