View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
porsche986spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouvoune
This morning (it was 9 degrees out) my BMW locking system would not work, the manual lacking system would not move. This is actually quite commical as I had to go in through the trunk (which was the only part that open as it works on a different fuse, BTW my backseat LUCKYLY folds!) and even once in it would not open...I took it to the dealer today (and went out through the trunk!!!) but that's another glamourous story!

Anyway, when it was not working, I went to my Boxster, would not start...The battery is dead as I haven't used it much lately. The problem is that the car is parked in a one car garage, hood up and I have no idea how to jump start it (I am at work (BMW gave me a cute SUV with 89 miles on it!!) and haven't looked at it much but isn't it under the front hood? I do have a jump starting kit via the cigar lighter but it is too short and so will most of the ropes...

Any ideas (I guess I could push it out the garage and work on it from there) I guess it might be time to get a new battery anyway. Any tips for a good deal?

Thanks! Vanessa
Best battery by far, is the OPTIMA Yellow Top. I should know because I work for Interstate Batteries. Our batteries are made by Johnson Controls, who not only makes our Interstate Brand but also the Optima battery line. Red tops are also good, but the Yellow Top battery would be best because of it's high reserve capacity. It is GREAT for our Boxsters because we use our convertible tops so much. That takes allot of power. Red Tops are more for performance Porsches that have turbos or aftermarket superchargers. By the way, they are NOT cheap batteries, but best bang for the buck! Will outlast any other battery out there. Plus they are maintenance free, and completely sealed! Hope this helps if you plan on getting a new battery.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote