View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
RandallNeighbour

I had all sorts of nagging little problems with my 97 in the first year of ownership, but I got them sorted out and all is well.

The windows won't work if the top hook is not fully seated into the hole, actuating the switch. Make sure its in there good and deep before you latch the top closed. If it is latched properly, try unlatching it and jamming your left forefinger in there and push up hard, then try operating the windows. The inexpensive microswitch may be going out on you.

Try spraying the contact cleaner into the seatbelt receptacles like another forum member did to clean the contacts... that's probably why the airbag light is on. Or, you could do what I did... just replace both receptacles for under a hundred bucks and be sure it's fixed before you go in to get the airbag light turned off.

Now the car not starting could be a lot of things... but my guess is that your ignition switch ($25) behind the key hole is going out on you.

The top not going fully down sounds like you may have not pulled up your handbrake fully so as to engage the microswitch, or the microswitch there is going out. Also not expensive and easy to repair yourself if that's the culprit.

I'd recommend you take this information along with your car to a mechanic who is familiar with the picky little crap that wears out on our cars and have him fix them. Then you'll love your car again.

BTW, I was so frustrated after a year I was about to lose my shirt selling my car, but I stuck it out and I have a very dependable, dash warning light-free boxster in my garage that I enjoy driving every sunny day.

Let us know how it turns out.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote