View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
dcporsche99

Hi,

No, I don't believe it's normal.

You should try checking your power steering fluid level. It may be that it's just a bit low, but hopefully the line is not clogged and hopefully there nothing wrong with your pump or your power steering rack. Have you had anything done to it lately?? If the rack was recently changed it may have air bubbles that can be dislodged just by opening the reservoir and then dry steering to the extreme right and left a few times. Then, check your fluid level, if it's low then just top it off.

In any case, I would also do a search on the forum site and see what you come up with.

If my memory serves me correctly, the reservoir is located in the engine compartment just behind the intake? towards the rear of the car?...please double check it's location though.

Anyway,I believe the recommended power steering fluid to use is a Pentosin brand. However, I'm sure some of the guys might have comparable or better recommendations. BTW, the reservoir cap has a built in dipstick for either a cold or hot fill unlike some of the other cars that have the markings located on the outside of the reservoir.

Let us know how it goes. I hope this helps!

Last edited by dcporsche99; 02-04-2007 at 01:08 PM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote