View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
der Geist

If nothing else this car has bad Karma with a new owner every year I would say. If you are really intent on buying this car you should go in the dealership in about 2 weeks when the snow is 6 feet high and the temp is 9 below with those frigid Chicago winds blowin about 50 MPH..Make sure you remind the salesman that tax season is here and you wonder how many people are gonna owe. Then offer 18K and walk if you can't get a deal to your liking. There are almost always around 150 Boxsters on Ebay alone at any given time and from what I have heard people listing on auto trader are languishing away to nothingness. According to what I have seen on eBay that car should be selling for less than 20K. My guess is that they had one quick sale with another prospect on the line so they priced it a little on the high end anticipating another quick sale. There are loads of Boxsters coming off leases and you have at least another month before people start thinking convertibles in Chicago. Take your time and remember that they need your money more than you need their car.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote