View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
cfos

I'm not having some of the issues (I guess) other people are having. I don't find it the replicar THAT ugly. Likewise, I've had my fair share of issues with digital pictures so debating whether or not proportions are "correct" is really moot, especially without seeing the car in person (or seeing very many "real" ones in person, up close with my handy protractor nearby so I can write down measurements).

Having said that, I'm not going to buy it. But, if the issue is about "pretending" to be something that it isn't... I still don't have any problem with it. Am I missing something here? I mean... if you came across someone with, oh I don't know, "augmented" breasts come to mind... are you going to berate them for trying to be something they are not? Do you really care? If it makes people happy and it isn't hurting anyone, who gives a f?

In some ways this is the same issue where owners of manuals berate owners of Tiptronics because "sports" cars are "made" for "sticks", especially when people say "you-don't-really-have-a-Porsche-since-it-is-an-automatic". I find it especially funny when the people that say this drive a used Jeep Chereoke as their only car (sorry, personal rant).

But, since we are discussing replicars, one day, I think I would like to own a Speedster replica -- I like the ones made by Beck:

http://www.mybeckspeedster.com/BeckSpeedster/Default.htm

Does anyone have any experience with these?