View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:55 PM   #13
987Berto

Yep, have PASM & 6Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenOH
You've got the PASM with 6spd--right? I emailed you about that combo when we were getting the 06.

Not sure what your build date is but your new motor should have the "newest" RMS design which was introduced in June of 05--IIRC. Same thing with the Oil pump piston which some 05's had a rattle noise problem with and was replaced under a TSB.

Best of luck with it.
So I got it back yesterday and wow, so nice to see it again after nearly 3 weeks without. Not so sure if I can tell the difference but my first impressions were noticing how fast the new engine responds! I mean seriously fast, curious to see how much faster it'll be when I engage Sport mode.

Anyway, at pick up I spoke with the service advisor some more and also with tech for a bit. Essentially it looked like it was a problem with the timing due in part to the cam ring but they're not really sure. The tech was able to bring it within spec a few times but it would slide off spec and without having a new cam assembly to compare the problem one to he really couldn't tell what was wrong. The new engine is wonderful! The service invoice is not quite as long as I expected but it is full of detail and lots of insight into what they did to trouble shoot and document what was going on.

Overall very pleased with how it was handled and of course as a few noted here, my only concern with the "shortened" warranty on the new engine. I'll post more details when I have more time, including recapping some of the work they did.
987Berto is offline   Reply With Quote