View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
FrayAdjacent

I haven't started my regimen for the Boxster yet, since I've had her a month, and the weather has been pretty crappy.

When I get a nice, sunny, warm weekend, I plan on

Wash (Mr.Clean AutoDry... I love that thing, it really WORKS)
Clay bar
Clean top with Raggtopp and treat with protectant (need to order the stuff and a brush)
Wash again
Clean the wheels
Wax - 2 coats with NXT spray on, since I have about a full bottle

Normally, I'd just wash with plain water to remove dirt and large stuff, then wash with soap and a different sponge, let it air dry, then do a coat of spray on wax. I'd like to do this about once a month, but I live in an apartment, and there's no facility here to wash and wax cars. In fact, they specifically forbid it... So I have to go down to my 'rents house, or to a friend's house.

And the Boxster is a daily driver for me... it's got some scratches and a couple very small chips. Comes with the territory, I guess. I want it to look good, don't get me wrong, but I'm not going for showroom floor good, just clean good.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote