View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 05:14 AM   #5
1JB

It looks like a Sebring. Not as much as the 650i looks like a Sebring but it still looks like one to me. For my taste BMW's styling in the latest models is very bland. The 3 Series looks like a Honda from the rear to me. There are also way too many of them on the road. In spite of BMW's claims to the contrary their cars are not the ultmate driving machine nor are any of their models with the exception of the Z series sports cars. The 7 series through 5 series provide absolutely zero thrill or sensation of driving. The ride is so smooth with an absence of feedback that there's no sensation of anything. Driving them made me feel much older than my 50 years. The 3 series is just a spirited sedan. The M series are skateboards with too much power to be used on real roads. I looked long and hard at a 650i, M5 and M3 and never found what I was looking for until I drove a Porsche. What BMW offers is very popular with the masses due to very good marketing. When's the last time you saw a Porsche commercial on TV? Even then I'll bet it was for the Cayenne.
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote