View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
wanna986

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm750
As a true audio guy (working on installing a set of the Hertz 3-way ribbon tweetered components into my S currently) I would definitly re-think this idea. First off, unless you're 4 10 there still wouldnt be enough room behind the seats for those. However, a much more presssing issue is the fact that no matter what you do, you simply cant build SPL in a vert. If you REALLY want to try to get bass, mount a 10 or 12 in a ported box in the front trunk and port it through the sterring collumn into the cabin, but even then, you'll have better extension but still no SPL. At the shop we've done a bunch of Boxsters, and what does work very well and is quite livable is to mount a JL 6W0 or 6W2 in a sealed box up under the passenger footwell. Space is reduced a small bit, but it does offer very impressive low end extension. Also, if you care at all about imaging, forget about rear speakers. Theres a reason every car you see at a competition doesnt have rear speakers, and its the same reason why audiophiles dont have surround sound in their listening rooms.

Me? I'm just going to bi-amp my Hertz 3-ways and make use of their 6 1/2" drivers in the doors (this does require modifyfing your doors) and live with some extension but no real slam in the bass department, and really enjoy my glorious mids and highs.

Patrick
What do you think of the stock Bose system? (I think I know the answer).
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote