View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
7th gear

Send a message via AIM to 7th gear
best so cal road?

hi!

just wondering if there are any southern cal ppl that would like to share what road/path they've traveled that gave them a great 986 experience?

i'd like to have a couple that i can trip for a stress reliever. before, my trips were in a mini-van. so when i got the boxster, those mini-van roads were water off the ducks(986) back. i now know what it means for a car to 'beg for more'.

although i'm not trying to encourage freeway porsche drag racing, include twisty content and/or 90+mph worthy %. let me also say 'drive safely'!! i only take advantage of this kind of thing if there's empty road. i've got a family, i don't drink and i am careful whenever i go out. i don't need a ticket either. i'm quite sure that rural owners have an abundance of this but us city kids may be at a loss.

so far after a few months of ownership, i can suggest 110 fwy north of downtown 4-level up to a 76 gas station. drive it late nite after 8pm. stay to the left lane as much as possible. there's a nice 40 mph turn that i've taken at about 70 mph.

thanks!
7th gear is offline   Reply With Quote