View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #28
RandallNeighbour

Subanez, Evander13 asked for a tire recommendation, and I did extensive research on tires with a Tire Rack professional and on my own and reported what I found and purchased.

If Eugene wants to know what tires we've put on our boxsters, why we bought them and how they're wearing, why not give him input?

It's free and unbiased advice, and I did the same thing on the boxster forums when I needed tires last month. I knew that smart boxster owners, just like yourself, may be able to suggest tires that the "tire expert" on the phone may not want to sell me because he doesn't get his weekly bonus if he doesn't push one brand over another.

Now Eugene, Subanez also made a very good point which you should certainly follow. Ask tire experts what they think.

I spoke with a guy at Tire Rack that did not seem to care about his wallet nearly as much as my safety and the performance of my vehicle. You may want to call them and discuss your options.

FYI, I had selected a less expensive version of the Kumhos and the Tire Rack guy called me the day after I placed the online order and told me they'd be super-loud after 8K because they really needed to be rotated. I'm glad he called and cared enough to help me determine which tire was best for my car and wallet.

Like I said earlier, it's free advice. Take it or leave it.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote