View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
FrayAdjacent

Small road trip = 30.2mpg!!!

Today, with a few other Porsche owners (from the 912 forums), I drove from Austin up to Dallas to check out a small collection owned by a great guy, and Porsche enthusiast Jack Griffin. (a couple 356s, a couple 912s, 911s... all very very nice cars... and a few more... ) We had lunch, and then went to another enthusiast's house who had recently finished rebuilding an original 356c motor (and gussied it up with some powder coating and gold plating! We ended up firing up the motor for the first time since 1983!)

Anyway, filled up before leaving Austin, and had to fill up on the way back... the OBC indicated 29.8mpg until a little north of Austin, where it went up to 30.2!!

I put a new air cleaner in last week, and changed the oil yesterday (Mobil 1 0W40), and she was running GREAT! Not to mention, I got gas for the cheapest I've seen it... and premium was cheaper than the regular I was putting in my old car! ($2.19/gal for 93)

Anyway, here it is, so you don't think I'm BSin y'all:

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote