View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #31
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Boxster
Add a seal gray from St. Louis. We really should make plans. I drove the road to Hana as well in Maui, what a blast. The scenery was spectacular.

Go Cardinals !!!
Hi,

I agree. The last time my wife and I did it was in late Nov. of '01. Coming right on the heels of 9/11, Maui was absolutely derserted. No lines for Restaurants or attractions, vendors were selling everything at 50% off or better.

We rented a brand new '01 Miata for the 10 days, unlimited mileage for $17/day. The car had 60 mi. on it when we picked it up and 1,893 mi. on the Odo when we turned it in - that's 180+ mi./day. We spent maybe 5 min. on a beach the whole time, but were thoroughly tanned from the waist up...

We had 2 drives to Hana (out of several) where we only passed two other cars the entire stretch! So, I was really able to throw the Mazda around, doubt I'll ever be able to do that ever again.

Also, the road to the summit of Haleakala Crater (Kahului - Route 37 to 377 to 378) is a great set of roads, but they were iced over at about 8000 ft., so I had to reign it in a little to avoid sliding off the mountain. Too many Bike tours on 378 though.

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-10-2007 at 01:04 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote