View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #16
ajgray925

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Interesting, you described a popping sound. Have you done anything else to the car lately? When I had a popping sound it was due to a vacuum leak. Its a big long boring story but it ended up being a broken oil tube. I tought my maf was bad too and as it turns out it probably wasnt. Does your car have a rough idle? When the car is cold it takes readings from the maf until the 02's heat up. The car switches back and forth between 02's and maf. Another question, do you get a check engine light? If so another board member turned me on to running the car to Autozone and getting them to tell me the code for free. I bought a code reader on e-bay since then so I can read my own codes now.
I listened for a vacuum leak around my oil filler tube, cap, etc. and couldn't hear one, but that's not to say there's a leak somewhere. My idle really isn't that bad. Maybe once in every 30 times I drive it, it does a weird pulsing idle at stoplights, but 95% of the time, the idle if fine. My problem is when I accelerate in first gear, it hesitates and somtimes a popping sound is associated with it. I do in fact get a check engine light and have a computer reader and the codes are P1128 and P1130 and that is what I have been researching thus far and why I've mostly pinpointed my problem to my after market air filter assembly and MAF sensor. Any other comments are always welcome..thanks