View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 07:59 AM   #11
Pilot2519j

Quote:
Originally posted by Alienz
I drive my Boxster in the winter. I have Blizzaks on all wheels. The car handles very well, I used to drive by hondas that could barely move in a snowy roads.
I used to drive before my Boxster S a 1988 Audi S-4 and 2001 Audi S-4 Quattro. In the snow and in the wet they will outhandle anything. What I meant regarding the snow adventure is that the Boxster has to be driven carefully in the snow, ie low clearance, high perforamnce tires and so on. I had owned a VW bug and that car was pretty good in the snow I rationalized that the Boxster even though it does not have the same distribution of wt over the rear wheels as the VW had it would do fine. I did purchase a full set snow tires(Continentals) with alloys(17") from the dealer and so far so good. When driving in the snow I just have to exercise care with the accelerator and allow myself extra space. In conclusion can it be driven in the winter the answer is yes. Is it just as good as an Audi Quattro , the answer is no. I think I was more worried of other idiots hitting me that anything else. The kamikazee SUV crowd. I fully intend in using it again in the winter. I can't justify having a car like this and relagating it to the garage if the weather is not perfect. I don't think that Porsche's design criteria for this car was a clear blue sky. If that was so they would all be garage queens as my service manager at Silver Star calls those cars that get used only in the summer.
Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote