View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
shaman1204

Need your guys' advice on what to buy.

Hey all, I posted here a few weeks ago and I am now going to take the plunge. Sorry for this long post but I'm serious. One important feature, I want a tip. Just living in the city, stop and go on the expressways, and a woman who can't drive stick warrants this decision.

A little bit about me:
30, no kids, live in the city of Chicago, have a uncovered parking space behind my building, so no parking on the street thank god. Don't want a super nice Boxster (yet) because of this. Looking to spend around $25,000 for now. Will be getting an excellent warranty through my credit union, around $1200 for 4 additional years or to 60k miles, no deductable and I never see a repair bill. This is not really going to be a daily driver, as I have a take home work car and the woman has a Hyundai Sonata (awesome, I know). The only driving is really to gym, store, night out, to the crack dealer (Portillo's for you Chicago folks), etc. That's about it.

Option 1: $26,995, 2003 Boxster S, 46000 miles, black on black, tip, premium sound, cruise.
Test Drive: fast and fun, but a small cig burn on pass. seat, steering wheel squeaks a little when turning (WD-40?) and the plastic center console scratched up (do they make a cover?). I could give it some TLC.

Option 2: $24,995, 2003 Boxster, 45700 miles, Gray on Gray (not my fav interior), tip, premium sound, xenons, heated seats, travel computer, cruise.
Test Drive: pretty fast shifting with tip, interior in a little better shape, except for a small burn on passenger seat. Only problem, I couldn't get the xenons to turn on, and the sleazeman, errr salesman was busy selling an 07 Escalade with 22's to a 16yo and I didn't ask about it.

Option 3: $30,000(maybe, thats what the salesman said when I asked), 2003 Boxster, 32,000 miles, gray on black, tip, looked to be premium sound, cruise, PSM, carbon fiber shifter, brake handle and door entries. Interior excellent. One problem, the head and tailights are amber? I asked the salesman and he gave me a "uhh, they changed the lights halfway through this year." And they were not even smooth, but rough and looked like they had been burned or something. Didn't test drive it because I want the new head/taillights, but I like the colors.

That's pretty much it in the Chitown area. If any of you guys have a line on an '03 with tip, let me know and thanks for reading.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote