View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
bangbang512

winter storage woes.. playing the odds

Hi everyone..

My name's Yen and i've been reading posts here for months now but this is my first post. Love the site and the great contributions. I had spent many hours searching and reading before buying my 05 seal grey boxster this past august. 3 glorious months of "happy motoring" as MNBoxster would say. Just wanted to share my jubilation and now grief.

I had wanted a boxster for about 9 years.. ever since I saw the '97 model at the Canadian International Autoshow in Toronto. Every year since then i would go to the autoshow, just to snap a pic of me with my "dream car" and count down the years until I could make it happen. I promised myself I'd buy one after medical school and this past August, some 9 years later, I found a great deal on a low mileage example, nicely equiped with xenons, 18s, and Bose. The joy of finally sitting behind the wheel of my very own was beyond description.. the first drive literally brought a tear of joy to my eye. I'm sure you all remember that "first" time. I love this car dearly and was pretty sad to give it a final wax before putting it in winter storage this past October.

Herein lies my grief. Usually, in this part of Ontario, i would have expected a nice carpet of snow and a thick layer of road salt by now. Instead I wake up to see not a hint of snow even now after xmas and my baby.. just sitting there... waiting. I've picked up the phone twice to have the insurance put back on the car.. and twice I've hung up before dialing, cause I know that the salt is coming. But the weather forecast calls for clear skies for the next 2 weeks and a mild winter at that.

This is absolute torture. What would you do? How do I get through these winter blues?

Car-less in Kingston. :ah:

Yen
bangbang512 is offline   Reply With Quote