Thread: My dilemma...
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 05:12 AM   #10
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman1204
Thanks for the replies everyone. After researching for about six hours last night I am going to start test driving after I get back from the holdiays. I have come to the conclusion that I might as well do it while young (30) and have some expendable income. And the Jag has been a nice car, but I had quite a few minor cosmetic and one major problem that was covered by the warranty. I was at first hesitant about the Boxster because I thought that a mid engine foreign sports car would be expensive to maintain, but then I learned that new brake pads on all four corners of the Jag would be $650+! For a Ford product! To the Chicago guys, do you recommend a Porsche dealer to have the PPI, and the name of any salesperson that you have dealt with? Thanks again everyone, I want one just to be a part of this board! I have lurked on other car forums and usually everything breaks out into a pissing match. Not here. Happy Holidays.
Sham1204, for sure do a PPI!!

I have been to all of the Porsche dealers in the Chicago area. There are about 5. Porsche Exchange in Highland Park always has a great selection of new cars. Westmont Porsche always has a great selection of used cars.

Have fun test driving.

Go to the Chicago Region PCA web-site and start reading "The Scene". This is our local region's publication. You can get a good feel for the events usually held in the Chicago area. www.pca-chicago.org.