View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 05:12 AM   #9
1JB

I've never driven and S2000 and I'm glad I haven't. People rave about that manual transmission. They must require absolutely no skill to drive compared to the Porsche. For me the six speed on my 987s is extremely smooth and easy to shift. As the miles have worn on it's only goten better, I am at 5k now. It is stiff in the cold but not prohibitively so. My wife drive's it, my kids have driven it, friends and relatives ahve driven it and they all think it's a breeze, though my wife thinks pressing in the clutch is too hard. You want clunky try a VW. Maybe it's because I started with a stick over 30 years ago. I've driven manual Corollas, Land Cruisers, Fiat 128s, Mustangs, VWs, Chevy's and Hondas and the Porsche's is by far the easiest for me. I just don't see why people grumble about the stick in the 987s. To miss third from second is a huge miss if you're hitting 5th. If you go from 2nd to 1st or 4th to 1st man o man you must have had a brain freeze. 1st to 2nd is sraight as an arrow as is 3rd to 4th. Sure I can feel the shifts and even hear them when I'm making sure I'm in 1st at a light but there's nothing difficult about shifting. Anyway my 2@s.
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote