Thread: Caliper Paint
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 03:27 PM   #15
Bob O

HMMMM back to the topic!!!! I painted mine last year. I decided against the brush on stuff for a number of reasons and ended up using Duplicolor high temp paint. Mine were red and not yellow, but the procedure should be the same. OH.. and believe it or not.. the color is.........are you ready.......... Ford engine red!! An exact match to Porsche caliper red. I don't know about yellow, but given the large selection of colors duplicolor has, I'm sure you could find something to match. Anyway.. be SURE you clean them first.. clean them twice or you'll be disappointed in the results. I used brake cleaner spray and it did a terrific job. The brand probably isn't important. Mask off everything, spray at least two and probably three coats of color, apply decals, then two or three (at least) coats of clear. After a year of normal driving, and two DE's mine still look new........ok.. except for a couple of chips I got when changing the brake pads for the DE's. BUT, if you're careful, even changing brake pads won't chip them. Here are a few pictures

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote