View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 AM   #13
David N.

Thanks for the input everyone, apparently it seems I'm not getting much of a deal with the arrangement I've been offered.

More info, it is an aftermarket insurance company they are offering, called 'Total Shield', however it works through any repairer and not just that dealership.

I still think the real question here isn't the details of this policy but just what sort of expenses await me around the corner. I have no problem maintaining a 'war chest', but many many people on this forum have quoted the Boxster as an expensive toy to maintain, and having only 3 months on the clock of a 6-year-old car I'm just trying to figure out if a relatively problem free existance so far is more of a rarity than a normal expectation. Owning a rugged '95 Silverado for many years where the only significant problem I had was a water pump that went out, I just have no clue what to expect from Stuttgart's best.

The main thing that scares the heck out of me are CELs, just because the car throws a code that I can't decypher myself and if it is an engine-related thing I'm going to have a helluva time dropping it to take a look. And little things like microswitches, motors, AC problems...

-David
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote