View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #52
dcporsche99

Just got back from the shop....

Well, unfortunately my guy can't take care of it until the 26th! So, I will have to be even more patient. It's all good. Some good FYIs came out of it though:

(1) Of course, Ohio was right! Apparently, those studs on the flange are heat-pressed. He's gonna have to take a torch to 'em.
(2) The new bolt that I managed to get back on the passenger's side flange (re: the one where the dremel did it's job) was a bit too long. Because of where it sits, after some time, I could easy end up puncturing the cover right above it.....and imagine oil all over the place...boy, would have been real bad!!!! Good to know!
(3) One of the bolts that I managed to break in the block is too far in, so he will have to drill it out and possibly retap it. And fiinally, the last bolt ( I just added the picture on the first post for this thread) can probably be taken out without having to drill it out.

So, I have learned a lot! I will certainly make sure that any future installs will be inspected by him just to make sure I have covered all my bases. 'Til then folks! Have a good holiday and take it easy!! :dance:

Last edited by dcporsche99; 12-19-2006 at 10:14 AM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote