View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #46
RandallNeighbour

The AC line was zipped tied to another line of some sort about 5 inches above the header area. This moved it away from the header by about 2 inches, enough to keep it rubbing up against it. Then, some heat-resistant silver tape was added to the line.

I watched the mechanic do this on my car.

I'm sure just heat wrapping the AC line would work, but moving it away from the source of the heat would give you a lot of peace of mind and keep the ambient heat of the AC line down. No sense in making your AC work harder than it should or risking an AC line from deteriorating over time due to the constant heat.

I'd get under it and photograph it for you, but it should be fairly easy to see what it can be tied to to keep it off the header.

As far as general heat from the new headers is concerned, I don't feel they are any hotter than the original headers and the interior of the car (using the right elbow thermostat against the carpet between the seats) does not seem to be any hotter than it was before... possibly a little cooler.

Che's muffler (or most any other smaller, two chamber aftermarket muffler, for that matter) sure is a lot cooler than the factory muffler though... you could bake a pizza in my trunk before and now it's warm, but not hot in there, even after a 4 hour drive in warm South Texas temperatures.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote