View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
dcporsche99

Hi,
I found that I had to remove both driver's side and passenger's side diagonal braces as well as the rear reinforcement plate to get more elbow room. Those were a bit of a pain too (I have managed to use 9, 13, 14, and 15 mm sockets so far). I also managed to break one of the smaller bolts that simultaneously attaches to the diagonal brace and the black plastic rock guard. (NOTE: I added a blurry picture on 2/1/07 to demonstrate the diagonal braces and plastic shielding that should be removed prior to DIY install. This picture was taken from the Bentley Porsche Boxster Svc Manual 1997-2004, p. 03-17)

I know I will have some work to do on the other side as well. I have the same issue there with one head and one cat bolt broken. I am on my last bolt on the cat side. I don't know how to get to it though. There's not enough room for a socket and I tried an open ended angle wrench that won't fit either...just not enough clearance. I guess I may try to pull it down a bit once the header is off to try to get a socket and ratchet to fit.

Yes, thanks for the advice. I do recall your suggestion from my previous lost thread. I do appreciate all your input that's for sure. It always helps when more knowledgeable people out there are willing to help out.

I will spray more of that PB stuff and be more patient....even though it's really difficult to be patient Thanks!

Last edited by dcporsche99; 02-01-2007 at 02:36 PM.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote