View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 07:26 AM   #14
super66

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
I would be really really really surprised if a single incident of clutch slippage was enough to trash the clutch. These things should be able to take a bit more abuse than that!

Is your clutch now slipping in any of the low gears when you drive it hard? If not I don't see any reason you'd change it out. Wait until it dies. Then again I haven't heard the whole story so maybe it really is dead.
don't laugh guys but I don't have a clue what clutch slipping is.....the only thing that I noticed really different was the smell......I took it out and drove it pretty hard a couple times and it always went right into gear and zip around fine....first gear might feel a little funny but that could just be me, and the other thing is that the shifter feels looser.....the car definitely goes into gear a lot smoother that it used too....but then again maybe I'm just imagining

for David, I had the clutch all the way to the floor......I think I probably panicked a bit and maybe didn't come all the way off it enough for the car to go....not really sure.....the guy said it was all good yesterday but he's going back to look at the creaking clutch pedal TSB today and hopefully their won't be a different assesment of the situation....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote