View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 05:39 AM   #29
PorscheDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
Any progress on the video or reports from the field on the system. I am interested in the new fabspeed system if it does not have that 2-3K resonance that I have heard on every other aftermarket muffler I have tried, thanks,

Ed

Lord, things have been so crazy around here it seems I don't have time to help out around here anymore.

I got some feedback from the customer yesterday when he dropped his son's Cayenne off for some bypass pipes, and these were some of his concerns, and he will admit, he is very picky.

Overall, he loves the sound and loudness of the exhaust. He said there is resonance between about 2400 and 2700rpms, but after that it goes away. He also thought the muffler should sit a little higher into the bumper so that the clamps for the tips were not visible from behind, though he said you have to stand back about 20 feet to see them. Unfortunately, there isn't any adjustment for that. He said it was far better than the dansk he had, but that he probably couldn't recommend it to everyone due to the loudness of the exhaust. Some of his friends thought the dansk was aggressive, though he did not.

The sport cats come with the muffler, and we did not do the headers this time around.