View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #14
cartagena

By the way, I hope I am not encouraging any of the young kids in this forum to drive fast. There are a few things I should point out. I have had a licence for almost 20 years. I also learned to drive in some of the ****************tiest conditions in the world when I grew up in Toronto. Hey, I even lived in the Dom Rep for 6 months and their they give blind people licences. When I bought the car this year I actually had not owned a car in 3 years. So I did not run out and see how fast I could go on the first day. I started slowly bringing the car up to 80, then 90 and then 100. In fact it was well over a month of driving before I tried anything over 120. I knew I was out of practice and had to test myself. I think the kids on here who want to drive fast should go on a track and practice, not do it on the road, and take their time to learn the car bit by bit. Also many of the younger members are diving older Boxsters which might not be in as good shape as a new one. So, kids, do as I say, not as I do!