View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #9
cartagena

I use to drive it over 150 mph about 3 times a week. Where I was living the cops do not chase down cars for speeding. Rather they have stop checks ever 20 or 30 kilometers. If you do not speed where the spot checks are there is little chance of getting a ticket. Sometimes they have a guy with a radar gun but the few locations they hide are often predictable. I use to do a drive that should take over an hour in less than 30 minutes with a cruising speed of around 100-110 mph and 130-140 mph on the straight aways. There is one long stretch where I can see ahead about 2 kilometers where I would bring it up to 150 mph provided there were no donkeys or cows around.

At 140 mph the steering gets more sensitive in that even the slightest movement of the wheel makes it feel like the car is moving a little back and forth, and also there is noticeable g-force when doing over a dip in the road. At 150 mph there is little difference from 140 mph. Overall the car handles great at those speeds. Very easy to drive and control. I always have done it with the top down which makes a lot of noise but I love it.

I have had absolutely ZERO problems with the car driving it regularly at those speeds, for long distances and in extremely hot weather. It is often over 100 degrees outside when I am cruising along. The car is less than a year old though.