View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #7
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
I know someone who took the OEM muffler off, and after removing the u-pipes that lead from the cats to the muffler, used a dremel to put holes into the baffles/internal piping of the muffler to increase the sound. Seems to have worked, as the sound from what I have heard when standing next to his car, has become louder.
I did this hack and didn't notice any improvement in sound whatsoever. I did a nice size hole in each side, but I used a long nose grinder (a Dremel didn't even put a dent in the steel).

Another forum member did the hack and put numerous holes inside his muffler and did not find it to make for a louder sound.

The bypass pipes are the best way to mod a stock muffler. You'll get a nice rumble out of it if you do that.

BTW, I have two stock mufflers for any 97-99 boxster if anyone wants a to cut on a spare instead of the one on their car now. $75 each plus shipping. PM me if you're interested.

(I was saving them to do the bypass pipes and then sell them on eBay for a couple hundred each, but if a forum member wants them, I'll sell them "as is".
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote