View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
Perfectlap

no my Boxster has been out of warranty for 2 years now so it changes the quotes substantially. I inquired when it was less than six months out of the factory warranty and WD said no coverage for you. A good thing looking back as I haven't spent anything on repairs in these past two years.

The difference between the Major Care policy and Total Care policy isn't that great a price difference (under a thousand). Both are expensive IMO. If I'm going to do it I'll go for all fixings and bring the Boxster to the dealer and dare them to find something wrong on every rainy day when I'm sitting home doing nothing. For $100 deductible why not?

p.s.
I think 3.4 is as big as I can go with the 00' electronics without incurring a big(er) expense. I know RUF will not do their 3.6 or 3.8 conversion on Boxsters before 2003. And I'm not really impressed by the thought of 3.8 in a Boxster. You'd have to go north of 400HP to really get me to think it would be a dramatic difference.
Look at the 0-60 times and N-Ring times of a 3.2 Boxster and 3.8 Carrera, its not really night and day. Put in a GT3 true dry sump and then you'll see something worth talking about. Car is fine as is, quick enough for me to beat or match standard $70+K Carreras on Autocross lap times.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-30-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote