View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #12
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
This is one of those things that only exists in the minds of car people.

They just look at a car differently and thing that would never bother the average perfectly normal person who appreciates finer things will drive a car guy absolutely nuts...

Hi,

I couldn't disagree more with those statements. Anyone who doesn't think that I'm a Car Guy, just doesn't know me at all.

It's not a Car Guy thing at all, but rather, it's the Peacock Effect - showing off to others. That's OK, lots of people need that satisfaction.

I like the Amber lights. On Guards Red it makes the car more interesting, breaks up the lines. Personal Preference.

My car is a '99, a 1st generation Boxster. I don't want to upgrade it's look to a poser '03> or 911. I like having the 1st Gen car. You may disagree, and that's fine. But, don't label someone as not being a Car Guy just because they do not like them, that's silly.

The Litronics are nice, but not absolutely necessary. The Halogens provide more than enough illumination to drive by. If you have an accident, you can't blame the lighting in all but the most rare cases, so rare in fact, that 99.9% of all drivers will never encounter one. Everyone I read who complains, complains more about the Cambrys and Accords having them while the Boxster does not, so again, the Peacock Effect is in play here as well.

I'd love to have HIDs as standard, but since they are not, I won't spend what amounts to a new set of Tires and several Oil Changes to get them. And, that's what a real Car Guy would say...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote