View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #11
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Have you driven the B & M? Does it make it hard to go into certain gears? If I didn't like it would it be easy to go back to stock?
Blink I listened to everyone out there and bought a B&M about a year ago. Let me tell you, if you like smooth easy shifts I would skip on any SSK for your boxster. It was really, really hard to get into first and reverse. The rest of the gears engaged a bit easier but still way notchier and with much more effort than stock. Plus, there did seem to be a clunk of some sort like someone else mentioned when shifting into 1st, 3rd and 5th. I went back to stock after only a day or two after redoing the install to insure it was done right. It was. You can go back to stock, but the catch is you can't return the SSK and get your money back because during the install proccess you MUST break the stock bushings and use the ones supplied in the kit. Now I have a stock shifter with B&M bushings. Those were two very expenisve aluminum bushings let me tell you. My advice is to try before you buy on this product. I think the factory shifter is much better despite the longer throws.

Last edited by Adam; 11-24-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote