Thread: Detailing
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
edevlin

Detailing

Boy, that was the best 200.00 I have spent on my Boxster (and I have spent a lot!). I have been reading a number of threads on how to take care of the finish on our cars. I finally broke down and got the Griot's machine polish and wax kit that includes their new polisher and everything you need to do the job.

I am new to this take care of the car finish game. When I got my 2000 Boxster last summer I thought the best thing that one could do for a great finish was to wash and then wax the car. I ended up getting the Griot's kit because it had everything I needed to do the job.

So for the last few days I have been washing, dewaxing, claying, polishing and waxing the car. Wow, the finish is remarkable, smooth, depth of color, like a whole new car to me, what fun. I tried to take some photos, but I am not sure if they give a sense of the shine on the car.

Ed

:dance: :dance: :dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote