View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 03:51 AM   #17
ohioboxster

Blinkwatt
Thats awsome it would make a great project and Im going to look into it. No, I dont worry about my car blowing up. There are some on this site that have non-superchared guys afraid to even drive thier cars. Some are even selling thier sweet rides because they are afraid of what might happen, please. Im always trying to think about how to keep the oil and water cooler, great info thanks.
Schnell,
I dont remember the Honda kit but the roots type like on my car is the same one used on several different factory models. Its an M-62 Eaton which is supposed to have the oil changed every 30k miles and the bearing rebuild kit is like 100 bucks or so. Im not thinking that I will even have to rebuild mine. I think the Boxster wont have a detonation problem until it goes over 7-8 psi. I read the air intake temp charge somewhere but I cant remember what the number was. I sat in traffic last night for over 45 minutes at idle on the x-way and didnt have any problems. I do run a little hotter than it used to be. My needle sits about 3/16 of an inch above the 180 mark. I know its not accurate but Im just pointing out that it used to be right on 180.