View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 07:36 AM   #8
Perfectlap

I can't believe you posted that
That used to be me!!
Late 80's during summer break. I forget what the age was back then
but even though I was old enough to legally work as a minor
most places had their own minimum age that was 1 year higher and that I didn't turn until after the summer. EXCEPT.... Wendy's!
The manager dude said "well we only higher 15 but F^%& it, I'm quiting in two weeks anyway. your hired"

So that was Perfectlap's first ever job. I believe minimum wage back then was $3.00. The most underpayed 5 weeks of my life. This training video you posted was after my time as the hip hop thing hadn't gone mainstream when I was the grill man. But I do remember those instructions vividly. By the end of the 5 weeks I had a whole $600 which I thought was all the money in the world because my folks for once didn't give me nickel of it!
I used to smell so bad at the end of my shift that my dad would make me sit in the back seat with the windows down. My uni was full of blood and grease. None of us who worked there ate the burgers, only the chicken sandwiches. And we definitely didn't touch the chili which came from all the burnt left over grill meat. At the end of the week all that burnt burger meat went into a giant pot and with these paddle oars we mixed it with chilli sauce and beans or whatever, and voila 100% recycled food.

That was 18 years ago and I ocassionaly visit that Wendy's as I look at my fine German automobile and eat a baked potato. Four years later I did a paper in college on meat packing and those two experiences meant no red meat since 1992.

p.s.
Wendy's stock is up nearly 40% in 2006
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-21-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote