View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #63
bringer666

1994 Mazda 626

It was very late in my life when I actually purchased my first car. For most of my early driving career, I drove my Dad's 1972 Pontiac LeMans. Great car for a newbie teenage driver. 350ci engine, automatic tranny, bench seats. It was pretty quick and I remember doing stop light races back in Montreal with various other cars, I only remember being smoked once by a late '70s Corvette.
Once I moved to Vancouver, I lived downtown and didn't need a car. Then I moved in with the lady who is now my wife and she had purchased a 1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet. We worked together as well, so we only needed 1 car. It was very fun to drive and got me hooked on convertibles. When our company closed the Vancouver office, we got separate jobs and suddenly needed another vehicle and that's when I officially purchased my first car, at 35 years old no less.
It was a brand new hunter green 1994 Mazda 626 Cronos, 4 door sedan. Very practical and what we needed at the time. The car was so solid, I never had any problems with it at all for 11 years.
It was last year when the Volkswagen was getting on in years that we decided to purchase a new "fun" car and that car is my 2002 Boxster S. I love this car and will drive it everyday until the wheels fall off!

Last edited by bringer666; 11-19-2006 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Adding Signature
bringer666 is offline   Reply With Quote