View Single Post
Old 10-13-2024, 06:14 AM   #1
Penn

New Member intro

Hello all, recently won an auction for a 2001 986/Boxster. In very good condition. A client of mine owns a Porsche dealership on Monmouth County, NJ and recommend a Porsche certified shop to inspect and tune up the car. Prior to that, I had the 90K service completed at Princeton Porsche.

Based on my experience at Princeton Porsche, which coerced me to act on the recommendation from my client, I called and booked an appointment at Bodymotion in Ocean, NJ They did a fabulous job on the car which needed A gas cap to extinguish the ck engine light, a switch for the trunk, and a partial rebuild of the convertible top motor. They also did a through inspection and to my surprise noted the missing R/F fender liner, a 6" tear on the lower bumper and some associated parts. Estimating repair @$3k.

My question is related to the difficulty one would have on a scale of 1-5 in doing the repair yourself.
Being fairly comfortable with tools, but with a total lack of knowledge regarding Porsches, would any here recommend taking the shot based solely on the level of difficulty involved?
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote