View Single Post
Old 09-04-2024, 07:35 PM   #14
LoneWolfGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
I have never been a fan of the iCarsoft units, the constantly over promise and under deliver on capabilities, which they continue to say will be available in a future update that never seems to materialize.

Obviously, the best would be a legitimate PIWIS system, which is lease only and opens at $20K for the first year. And don't even think about spending your $ on PIWIS clones, many of them are incomplete, cannot be updated, and some can actually damage the car's electronics. So, unless you are willing to spend mega $, I would go with the Durametric software. Not as capable as the PIWIS system, but much better than a lot of companies selling "made for Porsche" standalone units that are mostly global OBD II junk with a couple of Porsche specific capabilities thrown in for a higher price than a global OBD II unit.
Man, I wish I'd seen this before I bought an iCarsoft. To add insult to injury, I found an identical unit in the box containing vinyl seat covers (which the previous owner had gotten to cover the original drivers seat, seeing as how its leather was in sad, sad condition). The other iCarSoft "Porsche-specific diagnostic unit" was under the vinyl covers. It was too late to return the first one, of course. So now I'm stuck with two of them. Maybe I'll take them to a meet and see if I can sell them, along with the vinyl seat covers. In the meantime, I'm psyching myself up to spring for a Durametric. Live and learn.
5-speed manual

Last edited by LoneWolfGal; 09-04-2024 at 08:00 PM.
LoneWolfGal is offline   Reply With Quote