View Single Post
Old 08-23-2024, 04:24 AM   #7
Smallblock454

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Unfortunately, British market 986's did come with an independent alarm siren that is powered by its own battery. From a British Boxster board:

"The alarm siren has its own battery. As the siren battery recharges from the main battery when the main battery goes flat the alarm siren battery will discharge. When it discharges the alarm siren goes off as the alarm system 'thinks' it's being interfered with. It will repeat sounding until it no longer can.

You could pull the electric plug from the alarm siren which will silence it but then its independent battery won't recharge."
Ups, you're 100 % correct.

The alarm horn is 996 637 117 03
The alarm siren with integrated inclinometer is 996 618 237 04

Never had a 9x6 car with an alarm siren system in my workshop.

Over here in Germany we have lots of other cars with alarm sirens that fail because the batteries leak. You can try to open the housing and take a look how much damage the acid has done. I could save some of the modules by removing the batteries and resolder the pcb lines. But that's more of an amateur approach as the siren will only work when the main battery is connected. Sometimes components are toast. And you really need some electronics and solder skills.

Attached you'll find some pictures of a mercedes alarm siren module that now works again - without batteries.
Attached Images

Last edited by Smallblock454; 08-23-2024 at 05:39 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote