Thread: Radio/Amplifier
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2024, 05:29 AM   #4
theiceman

this is an interesting thread as i am playing with my sons new to him Boxster an ( 01 S ) .. he did notice no sound coming from the door speakers and an aftermarket Alpine installed in place of the original head unit.

So we need to check if actual speakers are in the door .. if not can they be added ? is the wiring there ???

Also OP posted a pic of a hacked up and electrical taped connector in the front trunk. we have the exact same hacked up connector .. i will try and get a pic later.. looks like original wires were cut off an looped to standard speaker wires, bypassing any amp. we are not sure if there was an amp there and it was ripped out or not.

we were thinking maybe wires from original radio went to an amp , that amp was ripped out with head unit and amp was bypassed and new head unit wired directly to speakers... thoughts ??

Do all 4 speakers go to amp on original config ? 2 dash and 2 door speakers ?

it is a very nice Alpine unit of the day so surprised it sounded so awful . We are thinking of just ripping everything out and starting over with something more modern as he will need Bluetooth anyway.

Is there a generally accepted good after market config to use on these cars ? or did i just ask the radio equivalent of what oil to use ?

Thanks

edit: just looked in warranty book with options ... have 440 but not 321.... but 321 means nothing anyway as original radio is gone

Sorry OP to hijack your thread but i think we generally have the same questions and can work through this together.

Last edited by theiceman; 08-06-2024 at 06:02 AM.
theiceman is offline   Reply With Quote