View Single Post
Old 07-31-2024, 10:51 PM   #4
spinjockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Thanks for the idea.

The car isn't in sleep mode. If the car wouldn't be in sleep mode after 2 days, the key fob wouldn't be recognized at all.

But the key fobs are both recognized. They now only work from very low distance. The fobs are OK - measured the range - everything is fine. If you put the replacement alarm ecu in another car, you have the same problem. So something in that car seems to make the alarm ecu receiver to "die" / insensitive after approx 2 days. As the alarm ecu in this car has a separate antenna input, i for sure measured the antenna against ground, to test if there is a short. But there isn't. And i couldn't find any other anomalies.

I don't think 2 new alarm ecus have the same defect from the factory.
I agree there is a problem with the configuration. It’s not clear that the ecus are damaged. You swapped our two units so it’s clear that it is a car specific issue but have you tried reprovisioning the ecus to see if they are permanently damaged. This is almost the kind of behavior I would expect from an electrical short but you say you’ve cleaned up the residual moisture. Have you looked closely at the integrity of the wires in the loom or connector to see if there might be a mechanical short or degradation of the wiring due to moisture or just handling?
spinjockey is offline   Reply With Quote