View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 PM   #8
SD987

As someone who "eats out" 365 days a year I confess that I too have consumed a Grocery Store Deli Rotisserie chicken.

Some observations:

They are generally on the small side and a whole one can be consumed by an amateur with less than Kobayashi-like skills. I think at the chicken farm they take all the small runt-sized ones and mark them for shipment to places like KFC and the grocery deli as they are definitely Grade B birds.

I don't routinely check the expiration date as I assume they're all cooked the "day of" and am horrified to hear they are not. I'll start checking henceforth.

However, I will say that the Rot-chickens are far too accessible to tampering. I've resisted the urge to lift the plastic lid and poke one for "moistness" on more than one occasion. Someone with an agenda (pretty clearly an Al Quaeda operative, in this case) could easily contaminate the chicken with Anthrax or similar. I think salmonella is more likely in the case of your chicken than e. coli. Salmonellae are frequent caught from poultry and raw eggs and more generally from food that has been cooked or frozen, and not eaten straight away. Plus, if someone tried to take an e.coli crap on a Rot-chicken, I like to think a keen-eyed store employee or the consumer would notice.

Don't be afraid to walk into the light, your wife can still communicate with you through your television set, or CJ_Boxster's set, as the case may be.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote