View Single Post
Old 07-10-2024, 08:30 AM   #9
PPP

I'm trying to work my way through this while waiting for an auto electrician to identify a possible short. Any advice wecomed.

As I have said, I don't think adaptation is working. When the ignition is switched on I can hear and feel a rapid double click from the throttle body.

What I noticed is that if I clear the code I can hear and feel a single click from the same area so I took the TB off and observed when you turn on the ignition the TB flap does a rapid double click and stops slightly open. When I clear the code the flap closes.

The fuel pump relay has been replaced with a good unit as has the TB and I cannot see any frayed wires anywhere.

In the meantime, can anyone tell me what else is on that fuel pump relay circuit?

I can't see any point in swapping the ECU because I gather it contains the immobiliser key and I don't want additional hassles with that.

I've been trying to think of anything that happened prior to this problem and all I remember is 1) running low on fuel once but not running out and 2) the union for the washers broke spraying fluid down the side of the battery box. There are two unconnected connectors there - one yellow and one black. Anyone know what they are for?

There has been no water ingress inside the car.

Last edited by PPP; 07-10-2024 at 10:41 AM.
PPP is offline   Reply With Quote