View Single Post
Old 06-13-2024, 05:54 AM   #14
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA1 View Post
Ok, so this very well may be the case, and I'm not saying you're wrong. However this is the problem. It is the shops responsibility to bring issue's like that to my attention. If I was told that it wasn't possible to get the camber back into spec on the stock suspension components, then no problem, I would've gone home and ordered the necessary parts and brought it back so the alignment could have been done properly. BEFORE I ripped through a set of tires in 4k miles. Whether I created the issue or not, it's not my responsibility any more when the shop tells me that the car is in good alignment and is good to go.
And I don't disagree with what you said, but expecting some sort of retribution when you don't have a recept (data sheet) AND it was 2 yrs ago is wasted energy. If you bring this up to them and they offer some good will discount on your next alignment, that will prob be the best you'll be able to do. But if they're a shady merchant to begin with, is that who you want to deal with? And there's no way they're going to buy you 2 new tires. It was 2 yrs ago. No way they can guarantee an alignment for 2 yrs and how do they know you didn't just put that worn set on last wk? So again, expecting to be made whole from them is wasted energy.

Focus your energy on finding a better shop. Tell them what you've done so they can go in with an eye towards your situation. Then see what they can do or what they recommend for fixes.

Where do you find a better shop? If you don't already have an idea, ask members of your local Porsche club. Ask the DE folks in your club. Or ask here on the forum. Someone in your area may have a suggestion.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote