View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 06:33 PM   #1
Boxwein

Convertible Top Transmission Mounting Issues

Hello, I am a new owner of a first gen boxster. I recently purchase a car with what I am now finding out might be a bigger issue. The clam shell and top have had some trauma and both the push rod and strut on the passenger side are damaged/bent. This also resulted in the steel arm that is bolted to the transmission to bend as well. I have replaced the arms/struts and push rods. It appears by comparing the drivers side to the passenger side the transmission is out of alignment and does not sit vertically correct. I have taken measurements and the passenger is close to a half inch higher from the top of the mounting strut ball to the top of the rubber that runs on top of the metal to seal the clam shell. I have pulled the transmission mounting studs and they are not bent in anyway. Is it possible that the metal that the studs screw into could have been pulled out and therefore not allowing the transmission to sit vertically and allows the bottom of the transmission to kickout a bit? If anyone had a photo of the area showing the mounting studs screwed into the metal I could make a comparison.

Last edited by Boxwein; 04-07-2024 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Update Title
Boxwein is offline   Reply With Quote