View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 05:12 AM   #20
Boogle

Good how-to!

On my 2002 986, neither the bracket that the potentiometer bolts to (shown in photos in original posts), nor the bracket that that bracket bolts to, have slotted holes that would mean you can avoid taking the nuts or bolts off fully. I found it much easier to just unbolt the potentiometer from its bracket, which is only 2 nuts, and they are both very easily accessible. You can then easily unhook the cable inner from the cam. If you want to get at that end of the cable, that clips into the bracket, it is also fairly easy to squeeze the tabs and pull that out.

If you have/want to take out the whole assembly, do it by unbolting the main bracket that the bracket that holds the potentiometer bolts to. At first, I thought I was supposed to be unbolting the potentiometer bracket - you’ll get that off, though one nut is a pain, but you will never get it bolted back on again without removing the other bracket, bolting it to that, then bolting the lot back in again.

Oh, and the whole procedure worked and got rid of most of the stiction feel. I’d say it is still not entirely gone at start of pedal travel, but better than before.

Last edited by Boogle; 04-01-2024 at 08:00 AM.
Boogle is offline   Reply With Quote