View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 06:34 AM   #127
Tomikaze
Porschephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
How is the new suspension? I’m about to tackle the same project. Picked up a set of new PSS9’s and I’m studying 📚 the install procedure. Looks like people attack it different ways. Did you remove any of the hubs or disconnect the cv joints in the rear?
Sorry I'm just seeing this. I should have gone with a new set instead of trying to piece it together with used parts. Ended up paying about the same. I did end up with slightly upgraded springs. To be honest the project was a ********************. But I'm only a YouTube certified mechanic. The right tools help. I took my time and bought the tools I didn't have as I encountered the roadblocks. Getting the struts out even with spring compressors was a pain. One of the most difficult parts. I ended up stripping the allen key hole in the top of one of the new shocks installing it. Be very careful tightening the top nut. I stripped another bolt disassembling the rear suspension. Got to know a local machine shop very well and they fixed all my f'ups. Didn't remove the hubs. Just disconnected the axles. When I got it bolted up and took it for a drive it was almost unbearable. The ride was horrible. Alignment was off. Got it aligned and corner balanced and OMG what a difference. I was contemplating going back to stock it was sooo bad. I never would have thought an alignment would affect the ride quality but thank god it did. It's stiff and need to be careful around town but I can live with it. Did a track event last October and the new sneakers and suspension made the entire ordeal worth it.